Sunday 10 November 2013

I Can See For Miles ...

It was an absolutely beautiful day here in Greenock.

 
The spire of Greenock's old Cartsburn Church looks majestic against the backdrop of the snow capped hills of Argyll and the River Clyde.  Scotland is truly a beautiful place to live.


 
Cartsburn Church - abandoned and derelict -

 
and yet somehow absolutely beautiful!

 
Who is that having a wee rest on top of the spire?

 
Just one of our local seagulls.
 
I was inspired to join InSPIRED Sunday today - pop over and see some other lovely church spires from around the world.

The Greenockian

7 comments:

  1. Greenock is a beautiful place. I would love to visit in person. Love the first shot especially. Thanks for linking up with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the stone work. sad to see it falling n disrepair. times like this make me wish i had the money to fix it up myself. a big dreamer i am.

    nice to meet u. glad u linked up with us. the more the merrier. enjoy ur week. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always sad to see buildings, raised in hope, crumbling and abandoned. Good pics though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scotland seems to be beautiful indeed. My family left the western isles back during the diaspora of the mid 19th century. My goal is to come and visit. I've got some beautiful coffee table books and a friend of ours gets Scottish magazines that I get to read when we visit them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing your pictures of these interesting church remains. Excellent picture quality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful scenery - especially with the sun shining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This church is a beauty - even in its derelict condition.
    How splendid it would be if it were to be restored.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome.